Followers

Thursday, April 13, 2023

Suggested answers for MUET Reading Session 1 2023

Bah.. here are my answers, NOT the official ones. I have many grouses about the spelling errors esp COMA vs COMMA and the other two.. plus the poor choices of texts and contents including too many love stories/unbelievable babyhood recount/old English aka ol Mr Dickie and his morally questionable storyline/financial times level article... ah well.. who am I but a lowly English teacher to know better, right. 

MUET Reading 800/4 Session 1 2023

1. B (It’s new to me!)

2. A (difficult – hard)

3. A (still completing my degree)

4. C (My sister… we write about fashion together)

5. B (made several very important medical breakthroughs)

6. B (he got it, he just couldn’t hold it and it fell)

7. C (she allowed him to play with the milk before cleaning)

8. A (the correct way to hold a bottle after trying again outside)

9. C (normal as it presents opportunities for learning)

10. A (months of long planning had finally paid off)

11. B (a blog – website)

12. C (farewell – sad) 

13. B (so many more stories to tell)

14. B (goodbye – farewell)

15. C (was introduced during colonial edu system but can be made contemporary)

16. A (will host the Shakespeare Refreshed Festival next Saturday)

17. B (most paragraphs touch on the experiences of students)

18. A (improve speaking, records herself n listens to memorise her part)

19. C (A = X because it doesn’t focus only on movies, n students don’t just memorise lines)

20. A (Changed – localise, Article 1 ; adapt to local theatrical traditions; Article 2: local settings)

21. C – I could not remember how many times I had to tell myself not to react. (Keyword is the anaphoric reference to ‘dad’s actions’)

22. G – The accident was fatal. (Keyword is the cataphoric reference to ‘But’ meaning his mom died BUT he survived even though he was in a COMA, not COMMA!)

23. F – The one who never showed anything but hate towards me. (Keyword is the anaphoric reference to ‘my father’ who is the ‘one’)

24. B – He did not return my good deed at first; instead he went ahead to annoy me. (Keywords are the anaphoric reference to ‘kind gestures’ – synonymous of ‘good deed’)

25. E. He got so careful not to hurt, and maybe he had STARTED to love me. (Keywords are ‘I never gave him a chance’)

26. A – I felt like an angel, but still, I could not trust anyone because I was having a new opinion about the people whom I met. (Keywords are the anaphoric reference to source of happiness so she felt like an angel)

27. A (strolling – roam about)

28. B (having lost her way – Para 2: begged to be directed; Para 3: she had lost her road)

29. A (request – appeal)

30. A (his expression - stole a curios look at my face, as if to make quite sure I was not deceiving her)

31. D (master’s characteristics – a very kind person)

32. C (careful responses – she said no more about her home)

33. B (know more abt the girl – deprive him of the opportunity to gratify his curiosity)

34. D (hesitant: shy away from buying property – the opposite is given: needs steady economic growth)

35. B (slightly more unsold homes in 2019)

36. B (their ability to build more saleable units in the future) 

37. D (related to budget)

38. B (effects for the overhang but this sounds too obvious) (TRICKY.. could be any of the 4, all seem to be causing the effects to be muted/diminished)

39. C (differ from the preference)

40. D (prefer second hand homes – subsale properties 59%) 


Q26 and Q38 are pending. You can decide for yourselves. As per usual, you may argue in the comment but pls do so with civility. 

Happy checking! 

13 comments:

  1. For paper listening ada tak madam?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Need the answer for paper listening

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hai madam , suggested answer for listening test muet s12023 ada ke?🥹

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi madam, can we have the suggested answer for listening test session 1 2023? thank you in advance🙏

    ReplyDelete
  5. madam, can u share the question? reading muet

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, I wld just like to ask abt 39. It seems to me the govt can only directly affect C, (logically and also the following clause in the particular part of the paragraph "...govt initiatives....deter the latter..") ?
    Pls do advise

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing nice post. For business growth and promotion, check; Digital Marketing Course in Noida

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi good post..I already done with this question last
    Night I got 29 correct.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Waiting for listening suggested answer? Madam can u upload here?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Madam, for question 25 and 26 may u refer to the original passage here? I think 25 should be A and 26 should be D :
    https://www.standardmedia.co.ke/entertainment/news/article/2001359274/my-experience-how-love-changed-my-life

    ReplyDelete
  11. Digital Edge is hands down the Best Digital Marketing Course in Noida . Their expert faculty and cutting-edge curriculum have truly helped me excel in the digital realm. Highly recommend.

    ReplyDelete