Followers

Sunday, November 19, 2023

Suggested answers for MUET Reading 800/3 Session 3 2023

Hey all.. yes, I know you have been waiting in anticipation for my suggested answers. This session's reading comprehension exam paper is a little tough, but doable. Although there is Charles Dickens, and some iffy questions especially of the Dam in Part 7, overall this is a good reading paper. Much better than the questionable quality of the first 2 sessions for 2023 but hey, this is just my personal unprofessional opinion. 

Anyway, do check your answers here. I think I have 2 questions that I cannot say for sure what the answer really is, but it is up to you to fight it out in the comments (politely please). 

1. B - acai berry

2. C - sold online round the clock

3. A - RM100 per box for 3 weeks 

4. A - 3 weeks vs 1 month

5. B - Memory Stone

6. B - leaving behind all the memories

7. C - stone, but nothing happened, it was the photographs that jogged the memories

8. B - when she was 11, childhood days

9. C - it will be able to trigger rememberances

10. A - thinking of terminology

11. A - thinks too much, face of an old man who thinks too much, no mention of same looks

12. C - to give a simple explanation

13. C - refuses to accept answers 

14. B - anxious due to 'resent the idea'

15. B - preserving photos and memories

16. B - Nick Dymond took the pictures

17. A - who knew my parents

18. C - violets in spring, summer ..patchwork of colour

19. C - Text 1, para 2: dirt roads winding, Text 2, Wendy: narrow winding roads

20. A - photos of landscapes, memories of locals

Q 21- 26 I cross-checked with the actual article in Nat Geo 2021: 

21. G

22. D

23. A

24. C

25. E

26. F

27. A - language dev delay = learning disability

28. C - critical period

29. D - lasting effects on their development

30. C - learning process, all other options should be avoided as listed in the para 6 & 7

31. D - think creatively and abstractly

32. B - develop children's range

33. C - gives advice that these may be the years that matter the most for children's development so make use of the opportunity 

34. D - its image has never been entirely absent

35. A - alternative views/perspectives

36. B - it is quite descriptive: it doesn't talk about causes, there is no real comparison to Mindanao Trench and no calculations/enumerations mentioned

37. D - brightest promise lay in American engineering

38. C - abandoned: flags whipped, empty can clatters, frozen in time

39. A - my hands on the turbine

40. This is the trickiest question: I'm going to go with A because of the line 'splendid at last in its absolute isolation'. Feel free to disagree. 


Good luck to all... I'm sure you're on a downer cos the essay question was a killer. Well, as long as you tried your best. Will blog about the other papers soon, if I feel inspired. :) 


13 comments:

  1. Thank you Madam. Also Madam, can I ask something? I just realized this just now, for writing I said partially agree but my point for agree is only 1 and the other 2 disagree. Will this affect my marks badly?

    ReplyDelete
  2. madam, how do i get 80 marks and above for speaking? what band must i get to archive that

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can i get suggested answers for listening madam?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Question 1 can the Answer be A because lemon and another fruit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, i think, lemon just a flavor not made by a lemon.

      Delete
    2. I Thought lemon is a fruit.

      Delete
  5. Question 19 why the Answer is C But From First text, i cant see narrow dinding Road

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *cant see narrow winding Road phrase From text 1.

      Delete
  6. I am a government contract English Teacher please do help Me as i need a C1 at least. Thank you. I got 19/40 Only. Got any possibility to get at least a band 4.5?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I meant My overall muet plus another three papers If i did well. Can i have listening and writing Answers too? Thanks.

      Delete
    2. My reading score 20/40. I do hope Number 1 is A. Thanks.

      Delete
  7. Number 11 can the Answer be B? -correct one is He mirrors Mr Dombey’s face

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Mdm. First off, thank you for the reading paper answers. It wasn't easy 😩😩. If you happen to have free time, would you mind sharing the listening answer as well?

    ReplyDelete