Followers

Monday, April 5, 2010

The comeback.. ;-)

Thanks Nancy n Suzie for a well organised workshop. ;-)

Looking good!
Almost 100 participants showed up. Thanks for the support and good luck!

PARTICIPANTS PRESENTING THEIR 2 MIN SPEECHES FOR TASK A OF THE GROUP DISCUSSION
PARTICIPANTS ATTEMPTING THE PRE-ANSWERS FOR THE READING PAPER 800/3


It seems I have left this blog unattended for too long. ;-) I guess that laziness is a disease that afflicts even teachers. hahahah... or is that common knowledge?

This year I've already done 3 MUET workshops.. the pics here are from the whole day workshop I did in Universiti Mara Malaysia at the KK campus. Had a great time guest lecturing them on reading comprehension, listening and writing. I've modified the lecture to include model tests and hands-on workshop and that was a good move as I could tell the students were able to follow well. The whole 4 hours flew by easily and smoothly as the UiTM students definitely had a stronger basic command of English. Their advantage is that they have all their lessons in the English medium. Therefore, I can definitely anticipate great things for these achievers.

I have also lectured at KK Highschool this year, and they seem to be a proactive bunch. Very easy to relate to but I do find them more wary of others as they are indeed a more intelligent bunch and therefore may find fault with those who try to teach others but are themselves not up to scratch. They focused well on the issue at hand and managed to complete the workshop productively even if it was quite a long session.

As for SMK Benoni, the 30 students were more grateful to have me there to help them as most of them had average to low proficiency. We focused more on writing, listening and speaking skills and tips. All in all, it was an enterprising day.

I'm thankful that I can give back to my society, in no matter how minimal a way. I like to consider myself an expert in MUET but I also know that my knowledge is not all encompassing. Thus, it is such a joy to teach others and share my knowledge and after every session, I find new ways to tweak my presentations in the hope it is on track to perfection. So all you students and fellow colleagues with the same agenda out there, congrats and thanks for all your support. Good luck in teaching or in achieving a higher band and I hope I have truly helped to raise you up.

1 comment:

  1. Great job Audrey...your service is indeed needed in Sabah...

    ReplyDelete