Here are the questions from the mid year session last year. Try it out!
1. A person's character is often influenced by other people around him/her. Who has the greatest influence on a person's character?
D) Famous personalities
Task B) Discuss which of the following has the greatest influence on a person's character.
2) If you were given the opportunity to serve as the Prime Minister of Malaysia for one term, what would be a great achievement to leave behind?
A) Economic prosperity
B) Excellence in sports
C) World class education
D) Excellent health facilities
Task B) Discuss which of the following would be the greatest achievement that you can leave behind as a Prime Minister of Malaysia.
3) What do teenagers expect from their parents?
A) Increase their allowance
B) Give them more freedom
C) Be more understanding
D) Spend more time with them
Task B) Which of the following do teenagers expect most from their parents?
4) You and your friends are deciding on the choice of universities and programmes of study available. You would like to seek the opinion of others before you make your final decision.
A) You think that it is important to seek the opinion of your parents. Why?
B) opinion of your friends
C) opinion of your teachers
D) opinion of your career guidance counsellor
Task B) Whose opinion is most important in deciding where and what to study for your university degree? Discuss.
5) You are preparing for your first job interview. There are many things that you should do. What are some of these?
A) Get information about the job
B) Obtain information about the organisation
C) Dress appropriately for the interview
D) Improve on your communication skills
Task B) Discuss which of the following is the most important preparation for a job interview.
6) Everyone has a role to play in making Malaysia a safer place to live in. Suggest what can be done at different levels to achieve this.
A) Every individual can play a role in maintaining safety. How can this be done?
B) The community
C) The school or college
D) The government
Task B) Which of the following plays the most significant role in making Malaysia a safer place to live in? Discuss.
7) Electronic media such as the mobile phone, computer and electronic games has an impact on young people of today. What aspects of their lives are affected?
A) Electronic media can affect the study habits of youths. Elaborate.
B) Daily habits
C) social relationships
D) World view
Task B) Discuss what aspect of a young person's life is most affected by the electronic media.
8) In today's society, more people arre trying to lose weight. What could be the reason?
A) For health reasons
B) To be fashionable
C) Because of their job
D) Because of social pressure
Task B) discuss which of the following is the main reason why people want to lose weight.
9) What are the costs-cutting measures that can be taken by a family to reduce expenditure? Give some suggestions.
A) Use public transport
A) Spend only on what is needed
C) Carry out their own repair and maintenance work
D) Recycle and reuse household items
Task B) Discuss which of the following is the best way for a family to reduce expenditure.
10) Who do you regard as a successful person? Give your view.
A) Someone who is very rich
B) Someone who is very intelligent
C) Someone who is very powerful
D) Someone who is very famous
Task B) Which of the following do you regard as the most successful person?
11) What factors can influence a student's academic performance?
A) Study habits
B) Sleeping habits
C) Leisure activities
D) Network of friends
Task B) Discuss which of the following has the greatest impact on a student's academic performance.
12) It is important to be a good neighbour. What are some of the qualities needed?
A) Polite and rescpectful
B) Friendly and caring
C) Helpful and responsible
D) Tolerant and understanding
Task B) Discuss which of the following are the most important qualities needed to be a good neighbour.
SO WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THESE QUESTIONS? EASY? HARD? FEEL FREE TO COMMENT... I'D LIKE TO KNOW WHAT YOU THINK. GOOD LUCK ONCE AGAIN EVERYONE! :D